- i don’t hang out much with my phone : 919-672-6790
- i aim for a 24hr turnaround in all communications, excepting weekends
- 2009 Chapel Hill Rd, Durham
- at Radical Healing
- Donation Based throughout Auspicious Autumn 2017
- please contact me to discuss our options
- i’m fantasizing some Patreon type pay-it-forward model for healthcare – where those with resources to share can support all people receiving care. ideas? suggestions?
- 1 hour sessions are the usual
- first session with intake is typically 1 1/2 hours
- we will meet to suit your goal(s) and/or current conditions and energy
- 30 minute, 45 minute, and 2 hour lengths have proven useful
how many people?
- 1-with-1 sessions
- adults are welcome to stay and witness sessions with children
- workshops can be uniquely designed for particular working groups and/or collegial constellations (past examples: school teachers, theatre cast & crew, medical healthcare teams, grief support, trauma aware yoga teaching, leadership mindfulness…)
how many sessions?
- you are the guide for this encounter
- depending on your goal(s):
- 1 session can establish a basic home practice and plant seeds for you to grow
- 3 sessions can uncover current habits and clarify next steps in your evolution
- 10 sessions can allow re-patterning to endure, and more deeply seed your change potential
- some folks come regularly with no ending in mind, as a part of their life rhythm, health regimen, and/or symptom management
- workshops and/or workshop series can be crafted for groups…
- can i come just for fun… Yes
- you can revel in the now and deepen pleasures in the life living
- you can improve your overall well-being
- therapeutically, you can engage in this process to experience relief from suffering
- please visit the what is landing bird yoga? page for more info
is this like a yoga class?
- a session can be very different from –or– very much like a yoga class…
- depending on your goal(s)
- we can explore drawing and writing and seeing and hearing and eating and walking exercises – movement games and meditation techniques that don’t look like typical asana classes here in the west
- some clients take their goals and curiosities right onto the mat into physical asana, to reflect their mind, emotion, and movement ways…
~ there is no physical limit to accessing yoga ~
what to wear?
- well, i am biased and hope one is always wearing comfortable movable clothing, and i know some job dress codes are not thus
- so, yeh, arriving in sweats, knits, any kind of “yoga” or fitness or dance wear is ideal
- clothing can matter less when/if one is immobile for any reason
- i have worked with folks in hospital beds and in wheel chairs, with varying ranges of mobile capacity, in moments unable to do anything more that breathe and move the eyes…